Why You Should Call The Pros About Ants In Your Turks & Caicos Home
Ant pest control in Turks & Caicos is probably one of the most important forms of pest control you will need here. There are many different ants that call this island home, and unfortunately, they all have different ways required to control them. Read on to learn how to identify an ant infestation, why trying to get rid of them on your own is a waste of your money, and how Parkway Pest Solutions can help make your home ant-free today.
How To Identify An Ant Infestation
The first step in getting rid of an ant infestation is recognizing one. Below are some of the things you may notice if ants have invaded your home:
- Wood shavings: If you start to notice little piles of wood shavings around your house, this is a sign you need to seek professional ant control in Turks and Caicos. These shavings indicate a carpenter ant problem, as they chew through the wooden boards in your home and leave behind wood shavings. If you do not get rid of carpenter ants, the damage they cause could compromise the structural integrity of your house.
- Colonies in your yard: Take a walk around your yard. Take a look at mounds of dirt and inside logs and stumps. If you find an ant colony out there, it is only a matter of time before they come inside your home since ants will travel long distances searching for food.
- Your food will be overrun: Because ants invade homes searching for food, any food you have left out or uncovered will be quickly overrun. If you notice even a couple of individual ants in your house, this is a sign that there are many more not far off.
Even if you only find ants outside your home, call a professional. Outdoor ant control is essential to keep the infestation from spreading indoors.
The Problems Ants Can Create In Your House
If there are ants present in your home or yard, there will be damage. Below are some of the most common forms of damage that ants can cause to your home:
- Diseases: Pharaoh ants in your home are especially dangerous. As they crawl around your countertops and over your cutlery, the pharaoh ants in your home can spread terrible diseases, such as salmonella, staphylococcus, and clostridium.
- Lawn damage: Another reason outdoor ant control is so important is that ants will wreak all kinds of havoc in your yard and lawn when left to their own devices. They build mounds in your yard, chew on your plants (eventually killing them), and build ant hills in the cracks in your walkways and driveways.
- Physical damage to your home: Carpenter ants, in particular, can cost you thousands of dollars in damages to your home. They are sneaky pests too, and if you do not get rid of carpenter ants in a timely and effective manner, your home can quickly experience irreparable damage.
Ant control in your house is just as important as ant control in your yard. As stated earlier, if you find ants outside, it will only be a matter of time before they invade your home as well.
Why Do-It-Yourself Ant Control Is A Waste Of Time And Money
If you do a quick online search for ant control in your house, you will likely be bombarded with lists of DIY methods, all touting that it is the solution for effective ant control. However, these home methods for ant pest control are not only a waste of time and money, but they can actually do the opposite of what you hope for and instead attract more ants! Most of the ant control solutions sold at local stores are not strong enough to exterminate entire ant infestations. It may successfully kill a few individuals but never takes care of the actual problem, meaning the ants will just keep coming back. Additionally, many of the online ant control solutions listed can be harmful to you and your pets, as many solutions sold are not dog-friendly ant control. Trying to get rid of an ant infestation on your own can be costly and frustrating, and all the while, your infestation keeps growing worse. For the best ant pest control, call a professional.
Contact The Pros At The First Sign Of Ants In Your Home
At the first sign of ants in your home or yard, call the pros at Parkway Pest Solutions! Here, we provide free inspections, and our expert technicians have the skills and tools required to safely and effectively exterminate ant colonies in their entirety. We exclusively utilize green, dog-friendly ant control methods and chemicals, which you will not find at your local store or online. If ants have invaded your home, don’t accidentally harm yourself or your beloved pets — call us today and get started on our effective home pest control services.