Mosquito Prevention And Control For Your Turks & Caicos Home
Mosquitoes can be a nightmare pest to deal with around your Turks & Caicos home, though fortunately, learning how to keep mosquitoes away is easy. In addition to proactive ways to get rid of mosquitoes, pest control in Turks & Caicos can help you eliminate infestations of this biting insect.
Why Mosquitoes Are A Problem
Even though most people see mosquitoes as nothing more than a nuisance pest, this insect can bring with it a significant health risk. This is because mosquitoes are significant disease carriers and may transmit these to you via their bites. The diseases you can get from mosquitoes include the Zika virus, West Nile virus, dengue, malaria, and Chikungunya virus. Not every mosquito that bites you will be infected with these diseases, but the more mosquitoes you have flying around your property, the higher your chances are of picking up one of these illnesses.
To reduce the problems that mosquitoes bring to your property, you should be investing in the best thing to get rid of mosquitoes – professional assistance from Parkway Pest Solutions.
Prevent Mosquitoes From Biting You
Another way to avoid the diseases you can get from mosquitoes is by ensuring that mosquitoes don’t bite you in the first place. You can follow the steps below when outside to ward off this pest:
- When going outside, wear long-sleeved clothing and pants to prevent mosquitoes from landing on you and biting. You may also want to wear a hat and sunglasses and consider tucking pant legs into socks to protect your body.
- Mosquitoes are more attracted to brighter and dark, black-colored clothing. Always wear light-colored clothes when outside to remain undetected by this pest.
- Use a mosquito-repelling lotion or spray, such as one that features citronella, to keep mosquitoes away and stop them biting you when you are outside.
- When in nature, always stick to the path and don’t enter into overgrown foliage or standing water areas. Mosquitoes are most likely to be hiding in those places.
Make Your Yard Less Appealing To Mosquitoes
Making your yard less appealing to mosquitoes is an essential step in steering this pest away from breeding on your property and buzzing around your yard. The tactics below can help make your yard less hospitable to this pest.
- Utilize plants that ward off mosquitoes such as citronella, lavender, and rosemary. Plant them around the perimeter of your yard or near decks and patios to ward of this pest.
- Remove areas of standing water around your yard as mosquitoes breed in these spaces. Change the water in ponds and birdbaths frequently to ensure mosquitoes don’t lay their eggs in these spaces.
- Clear your yard of debris, fill in holes, remove woodpiles, and trim back overhanging foliage. Your yard will be less desirable for mosquitoes to hide in.
Professional Mosquito Control Is Best
If you want to know how to keep mosquitoes away for good, you should be looking into professional ways to get rid of mosquitoes. Our experts at Parkway Pest Solutions are highly experienced in mosquito treatment and control and will waste no time inspecting your property to determine mosquito problem areas. Armed with information about your property, our professionals will provide you with targeted, effective mosquito control solutions that allow you to reclaim your property from this pest.
For the best thing to get rid of mosquitoes, reach out to Parkway Pest Solutions today.